We are The New Brunswick Child and Youth Advocate, and our job is to help you in your need to be heard.
What we do...
- Listen to the needs and concerns of area children and youth.
- Ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
- Make sure your views are heard in the appropriate forums.
- Investigate complaints you may have about how previous situations were handled by government agencies.
- Assure you have proper access to the appropriate services.
- Continually monitor laws and policies to make sure they are not only fair to you, but that they are followed properly as well.
- Report on the availability, effectiveness, responsiveness and relevance of child and youth services in your community.
- Act as advocate for the rights and interests of children and youth in general.
What we do not do...
- Act as an advocate for the rights and interests of parents or adults.
- Act as legal counsel in any fashion.
If you are unsure if we are the right place to get help for you, please contact us. We'll either help you or direct you to the best place to find the answers you need.